Information for Carers
Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know - we may be able to help you
There is a wealth of information on the NHS website about carers and caring.
Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- A guide to care and support: Information for carers and people who have care & support needs.
- Caring for someone: Advice on providing care, medicines etc.
- Care after hospital: Providing care for people who have been recently discharged from hospital.
- Taking a break: Caring for someone can be a full-time job - find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Support and benefits for carers: Caring for someone can be a full-time job - find out about accessing breaks and respite care.
- Work and Disability: Guidance, support and help with employment issues.
- Being a young carer: Advice for carers 18 or under and their entitlement to support
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers: Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the under-65s: Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to.
- Benefits for the over-65s: Advice and information on financial support for older people with a disability or illness.
- Carer's Assement: How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Other benefits: Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
Contact Carers Direct
Telephone: 0808 802 0202
Office Hours: Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 11am to 4pm at weekends. Calls are free from UK landlines.
Does someone rely on you? Are you looking after someone (a family member or someone close to you) who because they are ill or disabled could not manage without you? If so then you are a Carer and Carers Bucks can help you.
They can be contacted on 0300 777 2722, and via their website by clicking here.
Carers Bucks provides support and information to carers of all ages at a local level. It is vital that Carers are able to get access to the latest information and advice for Carers, especially with changes to the Care Act
Carers Bucks is a free service that supports carers of all ages, who might be caring for someone with dementia, a physical or learning disability, serious illness or mental health condition. Whatever your caring role Carers Bucks can help by providing: .
- up to date information and advice on carers’ issues including benefits
- help to get a break
- training to help carers with their caring role
- an In Case of Emergency service (ICE) if carers are suddenly taken ill or have an accident.
- someone to talk to in confidence
- advice and support for working carers
- a Young Carer service for children and young people caring for a family member
- Online Community to meet other carers in similar situations.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.